The Arizona Board of Regents' "Non-Resident Tuition Rate for Arizona High School Graduates" is a non-resident undergraduate tuition rate that is 150% of in-state tuition for Arizona high school graduates who don’t otherwise qualify for in-state tuition.
Arizona Board of Regents (ABOR) Policy
A. A student who graduated from an Arizona high school, but is not otherwise eligible for resident tuition status will be eligible for a non-resident undergraduate tuition rate of 150% of undergraduate resident tuition, if the following conditions are met:
- The student has attended high school in Arizona for a minimum of three years while physically present in Arizona and graduated from an Arizona high school (or attained the equivalent while physically present in Arizona for a minimum of three years), and
- The student is lawfully present in Arizona.
B. The non-resident rate for Arizona high school graduates would apply to tuition for undergraduate students. This rate does not apply to differential tuition, or tuition for on-line, accelerated or distributed programs.
C. “High School” is defined as grades 9-12. Completion of the 9th grade while physically present in Arizona, whether at an Arizona middle school or high school or equivalent, will count toward the Arizona high school attendance requirement. The three years of Arizona high school attendance do not need to be consecutive.
D. A student who meets the requirements of this policy will be eligible for the non-resident undergraduate rate regardless of when the student graduated from an Arizona high school.
E. The policy is effective beginning with the fall 2015 semester.
ASU Procedure for Applying
1. Complete and submit the Non-Resident Tuition Rate for Arizona High School Graduates application.
2. Review and complete (if needed) Verification of Citizenship or Lawful Immigration Status.
3. Submit copies of your Arizona high school transcript(s) or Arizona General Education Certificate (unless submitted previously). If your high school transcripts do not show that you were present in Arizona for at least 3 years, you will need to submit documentation supporting your claim of Arizona domicile during that time period.