Skip to content Skip to navigation

How many credits do I need to take to receive financial aid?

For loans and grants, you must be enrolled at least half time (six hours for undergraduates, five hours for graduate students). Certain grants require full-time status (12 hours for undergraduates, nine hours for graduate students). Pell grants may be available to students enrolled less than half-time (less than six hours). Note: all grants are awarded based on full-time enrollment and will be prorated to reflect a lesser amount if you are not enrolled full time. Scholarships vary but most require full-time enrollment. Visit for more info.