The Parent PLUS Loan, a Federal Direct PLUS Loan, is available to parents of undergraduate students to help pay for educational expenses.A qualifying parent may receive a Federal Direct PLUS Loan for the education costs of a dependent undergraduate student who meets the eligible student definition. Additional Parent PLUS Loan information is available at studentaid.gov.
The Parent PLUS Loan Process
It is best to start this process at least as early as possible to ensure coordination with tuition deadlines and timely disbursement of funds. See ASU's tuition deadlines calendar for details.
- Start the process by submitting a FAFSA. All students must complete a FAFSA in order to be offered a Federal Direct Parent PLUS Loan.
- After ASU receives your FAFSA, and all financial aid items on your My ASU task list are completed, you will automatically be offered a Parent PLUS Loan.
- If you are graduating in the fall, you must apply for graduation and notify Financial Aid and Scholarship Services in writing that you plan to graduate and will only need your loan for one semester. If we are not notified, then your loan will be split over the full year.
If you already granted your parent guest access to accept a Parent PLUS loan, proceed to the Accept Your Loan step.
Grant your parent guest access to accept a Parent PLUS by adding adding a guest on My ASU in the My ASU Guest Access Permissions section. Be sure to specify your new guest as a parent as well as grant access to the "Manage Parent PLUS Loans" privilege. For instructions on granting guest access, click here.
Who Can Be Considered Your Parent?
Your parent must be your biological or adoptive mother or father. A stepparent is also eligible to borrow a PLUS Loan if his/her income and assets were provided on the FAFSA. A legal guardian is not considered a parent for financial aid purposes.
If you already have your parent guest access to accept a Parent PLUS loan, proceed to the Accept Your Loan step.
- As the parent, log into My ASU, with your own ASURITE user ID, and click on the "Accept Parent PLUS Loan" link. If you have more than one student attending ASU, make sure you are viewing the correct student.
- Make sure all the information on the form is correct and there are no errors in any of the following fields.Incorrect information will lead to delays with your loan application and possible denial of your loan application.
- The spelling of your name
- Your Social Security Number
- Your date of birth
- Your citizenship status
- Enter the amount you would like to accept, up to the amount offered by ASU, and click the continue button. Processing of your loan will initiate a credit check through the U.S. Department of Education. ASU will receive notification of the approval or denial of your Parent PLUS Loan in 48-72 hours. You will also receive approval or denial information in the mail from the lender within two weeks. Please call 800-557-7394 for all questions regarding your credit check.
- Complete Your Master Promissory Note
If you have never borrowed a Federal Direct Parent PLUS Loan at ASU, or an endorser was required on your loan application, you must complete a Master Promissory Note at www.studentloans.gov. Only complete an MPN if you are the parent whose name is on the PLUS Loan application.
- Parent Loan Default Resolution
Submit the Resolve Parent Default Status form and documentation if you are currently in default on a previous federal student or PLUS loan. Your student may also submit a Parent PLUS Loan Denial Funds Request form requesting the Federal Direct Unsubsidized denial loan. If you are not in default, you must complete this form and check the box indicating that you are not in default.
- Eligible Non-Citizenship Documentation
If applicable, submit the Parent PLUS Loan Citizenship Verification form along with the required documentation to Student Financial Assistance.
All Parent PLUS Loan funds will be disbursed to your student through Electronic Fund Transfer (EFT) and will be applied towards your student's outstanding ASU charges no earlier than seven days prior to the start of each semester. Any remaining funds will be disbursed to your student via paper check or direct deposit to his/her personal bank account (your student can set this up through their My ASU). Please see our calendar for disbursement dates and other important financial aid dates.
If your student is a fall/spring student, funds will be disbursed as a fall/spring loan (half in the fall and half in the spring). Your student is only eligible for a single disbursement loan if he/she is attending only one term.
- ASU is not the lender, nor do we have any role in determining the credit decision of any PLUS loan. Credit is determined by the U.S. Department of Education. The U.S Department of Education does not share or send your personal credit information to Arizona State University.
- Although the maximum amount you can accept each academic year is the amount offered on your student's award letter, you can choose to accept an amount lower than what was originally offered. You are under no obligation to secure this loan, and are encouraged to only apply for what you feel is necessary given your family's financial situation.
- How much you accept should reflect the amount of funds you wish to borrow for your student's actual period(s) of enrollment. If your student is enrolled for the entire academic year (fall and spring), then your approved loan amount will be disbursed half in the fall and half in the spring. Please apply for a single term loan if you only plan to enroll for a single semester in the academic year. The approved loan will disburse in that semester.