Skip to content Skip to navigation

Manage your applications, recommendation requests and favorites here.


Financial Aid Resources for Students Regardless of Immigration Status

Private Financial Aid

Private scholarships that do not specify U.S. citizenship or lawful presence in the scholarship eligibility criteria, or that do not require a social security number for the application, may be available to students regardless of their immigration status. Review each scholarship opportunity to understand eligibility requirements.

  • Search for private scholarships through ASU's scholarship site. Also, completing any ASU Scholarship Portal Applications by the February 1 priority date, as many private donors require this application.
    • The DREAM Fund
      ASU is committed to ensuring access to higher education for all Arizona high school graduates, including those who have Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals (DACA) status.The DREAM Fund supports this commitment and provides financial opportunities to those students. Students who are currently-enrolled in the DACA program are encouraged to apply by the posted scholarship deadline.

  • Sign up on scholarship web sites such as
  • Seek out national or local organizations that may offer or list private scholarships:

Budgeting Resources

ASU offers students a tuition payment plan, which breaks down tuition into several payments over the course of the semester, allowing students to budget payment of their tuition over several months and to pay tuition with multiple credit cards or from multiple bank accounts. See ASU's Tuition and Billing for more information.

Federal and State Financial Aid

Federal and Arizona state financial aid requires documentation of lawful status. The most common documentation is a social security number that is matched with federal records via the FAFSA.

Private student loans from SoFi

  • If student is a non-permanent resident alien (or DACA recipient) who does not have a valid J-1, H-1B, E-2, E-3, L-1, or O-1, the student will need to apply with a creditworthy cosigner who is a US Citizen or permanent resident..
  • Students will need to call (877) 936-2269.
  • Show image in mobile: