Students must meet the following minimum criteria to be eligible for most federal, state and institutional funding:
- Must meet eligibility requirements set by the U.S. Dept. of Education.
- Must file a FAFSA for the current academic year.
- Must be admitted as a degree-seeking student to a qualified undergraduate, post-baccalaureate, graduate, or eligible certificate program (for information about your particular certificate program, please contact Financial Aid and Scholarship Services). Some types of aid are restricted to certain degree levels and/or programs.
- Must be registered with the Selective Service Administration, if required by law.
- Must not be in default on any prior student loan.
- Must not owe a repayment on any Title IV financial aid.
- Must be making Satisfactory Academic Progress.
- Must submit all requested documents and those documents must not be found to limit your eligibility.
- Must enroll in ASU classes such that it allows for disbursement of your offered financial aid (see ASU's Census policy).
Students with ASU institutional aid must also meet the corresponding renewal criteria.