WUE: Maintaining Eligibility
Requirements for Maintaining Eligibility
- WUE status is available for new first-time freshmen for up to eight semesters, for new community college transfer students for up to five semesters and for new transfer students from four year institutions for up to 120 credit hours (including all transfer credits).
- Students must maintain continuous enrollment defined as enrollment in both fall and spring semesters. Students must earn a minimum of 24 credits during this time period. Students not continually enrolled will no longer be eligible for WUE tuition status.
- A cumulative institutional GPA of 2.50 or higher is required.
- The following do not satisfy full-time credit-hour requirements for maintaining eligibility; however, they may be used toward your overall credits for degree completion:
- Summer sessions and consortium agreement courses, repeating a course, a grade of incomplete or auditing a course.
- Any credits received by examination, including Advanced Placement, CLEP, IB and other tests
- Effective spring 2018, students may take courses in any other WUE program at the Polytechnic, Downtown Phoenix, or West campus, as well as any additional non-WUE courses required for their WUE degree completion, e.g., specific courses on your major map or courses which meet a General Studies or elective requirement. If necessary, class exception requests should be submitted via email directly to firstname.lastname@example.org for consideration.
- Students may take iCourses without requesting a class exception.
- Students may take special courses offered only at Tempe, such as Marching Band, Dance, ROTC, Foreign Language, Internships, Public Service and Community Solutions courses.
- Students in Study Abroad and off-campus internships will maintain their WUE status.
- Concurrent majors: students that are in a WUE major and also in a major that is not WUE at the Tempe campus must take at least 12 hours at the WUE campuses. Any credits over 12 hours may be at Tempe. This policy also applies to minors and certificates.
- Students must maintain enrollment in an ASU declared WUE-eligible major/program. Students who change majors to a non-WUE major/program will be charged out-of-state tuition.
- Students must remain residents of their home state.
- Students cannot apply time accrued while participating in the WUE program to establish Arizona residency.
- Violation of the ABOR Student Code of Conduct may result in loss of a student's WUE eligibility.