You are requesting an exception to university policy; there is no guarantee that a late request will be approved.
To register for a class after the drop/add deadline, you are required to obtain authorization from the instructor and the college that offers the class. Students who wish to request late registration into a College of Liberal Arts & Sciences course must follow the steps below in the order in which they are listed:
- Fill out an enrollment change request form.
- Obtain instructor approval and signature.
- You should ask the instructor if you will be allowed to make up the work you missed by adding this class late.
- Many classes and labs have attendance policies. Ask the instructor if adding the class late counts as absence.
- Obtain department/school approval (if required). Click here for a list of departments that require this authorization.
- Obtain final authorization from the College of Liberal Arts and Sciences (Fulton Center, Suite 110).
- Submit the approved form to the University Registrar Services (Student Services Building 140 or any other registrar location)
For questions, please call the College of Liberal Arts and Sciences at 480-965-6506.
Click here for instructions for students not enrolled in degree programs on the Tempe Campus (West, Polytechnic, Downtown or ASU Online).