You are requesting an exception to university policy; there is no guarantee that a late request will be approved.
To register for a class after the drop/add deadline, you are required to obtain authorization from the instructor and the college that offers the class. Students who wish to request late registration into a College of Liberal Arts & Sciences (CLAS) course must follow the steps below in the order in which they are listed:
- Fill out an enrollment change request form.
- Obtain instructor approval and signature.
- You should ask the instructor if you will be allowed to make up the work you missed by adding this class late.
- Many classes and labs have attendance policies. Ask the instructor if adding the class late counts as absence.
- CLAS major students should obtain department/school approval from your academic advisor. See My ASU for contact information for your academic advising office. Non-CLAS major students should click here for a list of departments that require this authorization.
- CLAS academic advisors will then submit your form for final authorization from the College of Liberal Arts and Sciences though CLAS@asu.edu. If desired, students may also deliver the form to the CLAS Dean’s office (Armstrong Hall, Suite 102).
- The College of Liberal Arts and Sciences will submit the approved form to the University Registrar Services (Student Services Building 140) or any other registrar location). If there are challenges with this request, the CLAS Dean’s office will contact the student for additional information needed.
- Download an enrollment change request form.
- Fill out the form in its entirety and forward it by e-mail to email@example.com.
- Ask the faculty of the class being added to send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org stating approval for the student’s add.
- CLAS academic advisors will then submit your form for final authorization from the College of Liberal Arts and Sciences though email@example.com. If desired, students may also deliver the form to the CLAS Dean’s office (Armstrong Hall, Suite 102).
For questions, please call the College of Liberal Arts and Sciences at 480-965-6506.