In compliance with the Federal Family Education Rights and Privacy Act of 1974 (FERPA), the University is prohibited
from providing certain information from your student records to a third party, such as information on grades, billing, tuition
and fees assessments, financial aid (including scholarships, grants, work-study, or loan amounts) and other student record
information. This restriction applies, but is not limited, to your parents, your spouse, or a sponsor.
You may, at your discretion, grant or revoke the University permission to release information about your educational records1 to a third party by submitting a completed FERPA Consent for Access form.
- Information will be made available only if requestedby the authorized third party.
- The University does not automatically send information to a third party.
- Your authorization may be revoked at any time using the FERPA Consent for Access form.
- This authorization does not permit the third party to make any changes to your educational records (e.g. register for classes, change your major, update address, etc.) To give a third party access to complete transactions on your behalf, please see Transaction by Proxy.
- For the third party designee you name on this form, this release overrides all FERPA directory suppression information that you have set up in your student record.
- University policy prohibits the release of certain aspects of student records (e.g. grades, GPA) via phone or e-mail.
- Persons granted access to educational records are required to provide photo identification prior to the release of any student information.
1 Educational records include any record(s) directly related to a student and maintained by Arizona State University or by a party acting for the university. This includes any information or data recorded in any medium, including, but not limited to: handwriting, print, computer media, video or audio tape, film, microfilm, and microfiche. Examples of educational records include: grades and GPA, registration activity, academic progress, academic standing, enrollment status, financial aid awards and disbursements, financial aid eligibility, scholarships, loan disbursements, billing and payment history, communication history, account balances, collection activity, billing statements and past due amounts.
- Complete the FERPA Consent for Access form online or submit a paper form.
- Please allow up to 3 business days for your request to be processed.