Understanding nondegree admission
Some individuals may be interested in studying in a nondegree status, either through pre-college summer programs or for their own personal learning experience. A nondegree student is one who has not attended ASU as a degree-seeking student, who has not earned a bachelor's degree, who is not attending full time, and who is not, at this time, applying to a degree program.
- Once admitted to a degree program, a student is not permitted to register in a nondegree status.
- Nondegree students may enroll in eight credit hours each fall or spring semester, seven semester hours for each 5-week summer session and nine semester hours for the 8-week summer session.
- Nondegree students may apply up to 15 hours taken in nondegree status to a degree program if you choose to pursue an undergraduate degree in the future.
- Nondegree students are not eligible for financial aid.
- Nondegree students may not be eligible for academic advising.
To be admitted to ASU as a nondegree student, an applicant must be a high school graduate.
Students currently enrolled in high school and persons under the age of 18 may be admitted as nondegree students by submitting an official high school transcript and a letter of approval from a high school counselor or principal.
Applicants must have a 3.0 cumulative GPA in Arizona Board of Regents competency courses to be considered for admission.
You must submit the Application for Undergraduate Admission, along with the application fee, by the deadline specified for each semester. In order to expedite the evaluation of your application, also submit official transcripts, test scores and supporting credentials immediately.
Fall semester: May 1
Spring semester: December 1
Summer session: May 1
Nondegree applications received after the priority date for each semester will be considered on a space-available basis. Space is limited in some courses and degree-seeking students have priority registration over nondegree-seeking students.
- Complete the Undergraduate Admission Application.
- Submit the nonrefundable application fee:
- Arizona residents - $50.
- Non-residents and online - $65.
- If needed, have your transcripts sent directly to ASU.
ASU will review your application for admission once all materials are on file. To see if your file is complete, sign in to My ASU using your ASURITE ID provided to you after you submitted your application.
Mailing Address (All materials, all campuses)
Arizona State University
PO Box 870112
Tempe, AZ 85287-0112