The Qualified Tuition Reduction Program permits eligible employees to take advantage of educational opportunities at the University. Please review SPP 505, Employee-Reduced In-State Tuition, for additional information regarding eligibility and benefits.
Reduced in-state tuition is available to faculty and staff who are employed at least 50% within the state university system, their spouses and dependent children. You must be employed on the first day of the session to be eligible for employee reduced in-state tuition. At ASU, the Qualified Tuition Reduction Form must be submitted on or before the first day of a session to qualify for reduced tuition. Nonresident students are ineligible for employee-reduced tuition and should contact Residency Classification.
Institutional merit-based aid provided by the University will not exceed the value of stated resident tuition for each respective academic year when combined with the Qualified Tuition Reduction (QTR, a benefit for faculty and staff) or other tuition reduction programs (or waivers). Students offered multiple awards designated for base tuition, cannot receive more than 100% of base tuition.
Qualified Tuition Reduction Form
ASU employees must complete and submit the Qualified Tuition Reduction Form each semester to receive the reduced in-state tuition benefit for classes taken at ASU. Forms can be obtained at Human Resources (University Center A Building), the Student Accounts Office or online at asu.edu/hr/forms. The form must be received and processed in the Student Accounts Office by the tuition due date. Please submit forms early to ensure timely processing:
- Mail to the Student Accounts Office, Arizona State University, PO Box 870303, Tempe, AZ 85287-0303 (Campus Mail Code 0303).
- Fax to the Student Accounts Office at 480-965-9242.
- E-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Submit in person at the following locations:
- Tempe campus Student Accounts Office on the second floor of the Student Services (SSV) building
- West campus Tuition Payment and Cashiering Services Office in University Center 101
- Polytechnic campus Tuition Payment and Cashiering Services Office 350
- Downtown Phoenix campus Cashiering Services and Tuition Payment Office in University Center 112
The outstanding balance of the ASU tuition will remain on your student account and should be paid by the tuition payment deadline to avoid late fees. Contact the Student Accounts Office at 480-965-6341 for further information.
NAU & U of A Classes
There is a separate Qualified Tuition Reduction Form for classes at U of A or NAU and for ASU retirees and employees of affiliate organizations taking classes at U of A, NAU or ASU. This form can be obtained at Human Resources (University Center A Building) or online at asu.edu/hr/forms. The Qualified Tuition Reduction Form for U of A/NAU/Retired/Affiliate staff must be approved by staff in ASU Human Resources and then submitted to the tuition payment office at the campus where classes are being taken.