The Pre-Professional Advising Office is located at ASU's Tempe Campus and provides resources and information for students wishing to pursue professional school in the health professions or law upon graduation from ASU. Our office serves everyone from prospective high school students to current ASU students at all 4 campuses and online to recent graduates, alumni, and career changers coming back to ASU for post-baccalaureate or non-degree work. We provide general information regarding a plethora of careers in the health professions and can assist students in preparing their application to professional schools.
Making an appointment
Pre-Health advising appointments can be made through your ASU Handshake Account
Once you are in Handshake, select appointments under the Career Center Tab and choose a Pre-Health appointment
The mission of Pre-Professional Advising is that our advisors will teach and guide Pre-Health and Pre-Law students/alumni from any undergraduate major to become competitive applicants for health professional schools and law schools.
- Provide our students with resources and guidance to understanding their path and encouraging their growth to becoming well-rounded candidates for their professional career goals.
- Create a collaborative teaching and learning relationship between our advisors and students
- Empower students to take ownership of and responsibility for their academic and professional journey
- Teach students to self-reflect on their experiences and assist them in identifying and discussing how those skills and competencies have readied them for a career in healthcare
- Connect students to resources both on-campus and in the community
Additional Resources for Students at ASU's Downtown Phoenix Campus
The Office of Pre-Health Advising on ASU's Downtown campus serves the needs of students with a major on the Downtown Phoenix Campus (DPC) and who are interested in a career in health. For more information please visit Pre-Health at DPC or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Additional Resources for Students at ASU's West Campus
The Health Professions Advisory Committee at ASU’s West campus was established to help students with a major at ASU's West Campus who are interested in pursuing careers in the health professions. For more information please visit Pre-Health Mentoring at the New College or email email@example.com