To process a registration transaction after the posted deadline, you are required to obtain authorization. Prior to the posted deadlines, no approvals are needed. Students who wish to request a late registration transaction must follow the instructions listed below. Requests are reviewed on an individual basis; there is no guarantee that a late request will be approved.
Request to Add a course, or Swap sections of the same course offered by the Fulton Schools of Engineering
- Complete the enrollment request form.
- Outline the extenuating circumstances of why you were not able to enroll by the deadline (this can be written on the back of the form).
- Obtain a written statement from the instructor of the course section to be added confirming your attendance and a list of any missed work you are required to complete (this can be written on back of the form).
- Obtain your academic advisor’s signature.
- Submit form to the Office of Academic and Student Affairs (Dean’s Office) for review (Brickyard Engineering, BYENG 605AA).
- If approved, submit the approved form to University Registrar Services.
Request to Drop a course offered by the Fulton Schools of Engineering
Requests to drop a course offered by the Fulton Schools of Engineering after the drop/add deadline are not considered.1 You can process a course withdrawal request after the drop/add deadline. A withdrawal will remove the class from your current schedule and will result in a grade of ‘W’ on your official transcript. The grade of ‘W’ has no impact on your grade point average (GPA). You should review the deadlines for course withdrawals.
Request to Withdraw from a course offered by the Fulton Schools of Engineering
Requests to withdraw from a course offered by the Fulton Schools of Engineering after the course withdrawal deadline are not considered.1 You may consider a complete withdrawal.
1The Office of Academic and Student Affairs may approve a late drop or late withdrawal for an engineering course due to extenuating or extraordinary circumstances beyond the student’s control. Student must outline extenuating circumstances on the back of the enrollment request form. A written statement of support from the instructor of the course and a written statement of support from the advising office of the student’s major must also be provided with the form. The advising office must provide an outline of the facts, the circumstances, the details of the situation, and include any supporting documentation as needed.
Please call the Office of Academic and Student Affairs, Ira A. Fulton Schools of Engineering at 480-965-1726.