Registering for any class after the deadline requires approval from the college or school offering the course and is an exception to university policy; there is no guarantee that a late request will be approved. Contact the College of Global Futures for additional information.
Policies and procedures vary by college/school, but most will follow these guidelines (complete the following steps in the order in which they are listed):
- Fill out and sign a College of Global Futures enrollment change request form.
- On the back side of the form, sign to acknowledge that you understand the potential implications of starting a course after the deadline.
- Obtain the course instructor’s signature on the second page of the form, or email the instructor to request their approval to add the course late.1,2
- Submit both the completed enrollment change request form (both pages) and the instructor’s email approval (if no physical signature) to firstname.lastname@example.org. The instructor’s permission must be dated within 24 business hours of your submission, or your request will be denied.
- You will be notified of the final decision on your request via ASU email. If approved by the College of Global Futures, you will be administratively added to the class.
1 You should ask the instructor if you will be allowed to make up the work you missed by adding this class late, and you will indicate this on the back of the form
2 Many classes and labs have attendance policies. Ask the instructor if adding the class late counts as an absence.