To process a registration transaction after the posted deadline, you are required to obtain authorization. Prior to the posted deadlines, no approvals are needed. Students who wish to request a late registration transaction must follow the instructions listed below. Requests are reviewed on an individual basis; there is no guarantee that a late request will be approved as you are requesting an exception to university policy.
Request to Add a course, or Swap sections of the same course offered by the College of Integrative Sciences and Arts
The course must be open and course pre-requisites must be met or overrides must have been authorized and posted.
- Complete the enrollment change request form and e-mail CISAAdvising@asu.edu. Include instructor approval documentation discussed in #2 if signatures are not included on the form.
- Obtain the instructor’s signature*.
- Late add requests will be considered with instructor approval during the following time frames:
- First week of A and B session courses (end of the 5th business day)
- Second week of C session courses (end of the 10th business day)
- Any late add requests beyond these timeframes will not be considered. 1
* An email verification of approval from the instructor can be substituted for the instructor signature. Please include the entire email chain for approval purposes.
3. Students may submit late enrollment change request forms to obtain the school signatures/stamp at the following sites, or submit all appropriate forms and email approvals to CISAAdvising@asu.edu
- Tempe Campus: USE 138, 480-965-1970
- Downtown Phoenix Campus: UCENT 331, 602-496-0556
- Polytechnic Campus: SANCA 2nd Floor Hall Suite 101, 480-727-1526
- On-line Campus students contact CISAAdvising@asu.edu, 480-965-1970
- Allow at least a 24 hour turn-around.
- If approved, the academic advising office will forward all requests to the ASU Records office, or the student can request to pick up completed form and submit the approved form to University Registrar Services at any registrar location).
Request to Drop a course offered by the College of Integrative Sciences and Arts
Requests to drop a course offered by the College of Integrative Sciences and Arts after the drop/add deadline are not considered.1 You can process a course withdrawal request after the drop/add deadline. A withdrawal will remove the class from your current schedule and will result in a grade of ‘W’ on your official transcript. The grade of ‘W’ has no impact on your grade point average (GPA). You should review the deadlines for course withdrawals.
Request to Withdraw from a course offered by the College of Integrative Sciences and Arts
Requests to withdraw from a CISA course after the course withdrawal deadline are not considered.1 You may consider a complete withdrawal.
1The Faculty Head of the department within the College of Integrative Sciences and Arts offering the course may approve a late add, late drop or late withdrawal for a CISA course due to extenuating or extraordinary circumstances beyond the student’s control. Student must outline extenuating circumstances in an email statement, and attach the enrollment change request form and the written statement/e-mail of support from the instructor of the course. These requests should be sent to CISAAdvising@asu.edu.