Self-Reporting

To expedite admission decisions, ASU accepts self-reported high school grades on the undergraduate admission application. Once you are admitted, you will need to submit official seventh semester transcripts before enrolling in classes. Submission of an ACT or SAT score is highly recommended for merit-based scholarship consideration.

ASU admission decisions begin the first week of Sept. 1. If you do not meet initial eligibility, you may be placed into individual review and experience a longer wait time for an admission decision.

1. After clicking on “Yes – I would like to accurately report my grades to find out sooner if I am admitted to ASU”, there will be a drop down where you will enter your Overall Academics and most importantly, Required High School Courses.
  2. For each academic year 9 – 12, you will enter all courses and grades individually for English, Math, Science, Social Science, Language, Fine Arts, Electives, etc.
  3. For each subject, you will enter the course in Course Name drop down, or if your course is different than the names in the drop down, you have the option to write out the course name in the Course Title section.
  4. In the Credit section, you will choose whether this course was taken in a semester, trimester, quarter or full year.
  5. For the Course Level section, you will select whether your course was a normal high school course, an honors course, an Advanced Placement Course or an International Baccalaureate course.
  6. Enter your course grade in the Grade section. How many grades you enter will depend on what you put for the Credit section (semester, trimester, quarter or full year).
  7. Once you are done entering grades for each course, click on Add Course as needed until you have finished entering all courses and grades for that subject. Again, you will need to enter all courses and grades for each subject for years 9 – 12.
  8. When you are done with one subject, such as English, you can move on to the next subject, such as Math, by clicking Go to Math.
  9. Continue adding courses and grades for each subject of every academic year.
  10. Double check to make sure everything matches your official transcript.
What does it mean to self-report my courses?

During the application process, you will be asked to enter all your courses and grades for years 9 to 11 as they appear on your official high school transcript. You will also be asked to enter your in progress courses for year 12.

How do I enter my courses and grades?

In order to accurately enter all information, you must have your high school transcript when filling out the Required High School Courses section in My Grades. All semester, trimester, or quarter grades must be listed in the Required High School Courses section.

The information entered in the Required High School Courses section must match your official transcript if you have been admitted and intend to enroll. Any inaccurate information can result in your admission being revoked.

Am I able to include college courses or dual credit courses I have taken while in high school?

Yes, the application gives you the option to self-report any college courses or dual credit courses you have taken before enrolling at ASU.

What should I do if my high school lists my grades numerically?

If your transcript includes a numerical grading scale, click on 100 point based in the Grading System section and then you will select the number range for your grades in the Grades section.

When do I submit my final transcripts?

If you have been admitted and intend to enroll at ASU, you will need to send your official high school transcript once you graduate. Do not send any official transcripts during the application process or before you graduate.

Contact your admission representative

(select from the dropdown that appears after the name is entered)
Select any filter and click on Apply to see results

More resources for you

Already applied

I've already applied

Check your application status on My ASU

Review your next steps. to enrollment

ASU awarded more than $1 billion in all types of financial aid in 2013-2014

Freshman merit scholarships
Cost of education
Types of financial aid