Veteran's Status Verification
Student Financial Assistance will request this documentation only if it is needed to complete your financial aid file. This item holds the disbursement of financial aid if it is listed on your My Tasks on My ASU.
You indicated one of the following on the Dependency Status section of your FAFSA that you are a veteran or will be by June 30 of the academic year you are applying for.
Perform the actions below for the circumstance that best describe you.
|Your Circumstance||Actions You Must Perform|
You are a veteran.
Submit a copy of your DD214 (member copy 4) "Certificate of Release or Discharge From Active Duty" showing military service other than the Reserves or National Guard (unless you were called to active duty) to Student Financial Assistance at the Tempe campus (include your ASU ID number and each page).
You are not a veteran now but will be by June 30 of the academic year you are applying for.
Submit a copy of your military ID and separation orders (only if you have never been issued a DD214) to Student Financial Assistance at the Tempe campus (include your ASU ID number and each page).
None of the above apply to you.
- If you were not married at the time that you completed your FAFSA you must correct your FAFSA at fafsa.gov:
- 2012-2013 FAFSA—Question 49
- 2011-2012 FAFSA—Question 49
- Provide parental information on your FAFSA.
- You and your parent must sign and resubmit your FAFSA electronically. You will receive a new SAR in 4 to 6 weeks. If you do not have your original SAR or cannot access it online, contact the Dept. of Education at 1-800-4FEDAID to request a duplicate.
- Once corrections have been process you will need to notify Student Financial Assistance at the Tempe campus that you have made the appropriate corrections.
Having Issues Downloading A Form?
If you are having issues viewing one of the forms above, please follow these instructions:
- Right-click on link and choose "Save link as...", or similar depending on your browser.
- Choose the location to save the form.
- Navigate to the location of the saved form on your computer and double-click it to open.