If this item is on your task list, you have requested to submit a Federal Tax Extension (IRS Form-4868) to Financial Aid and Scholarship Services in temporary lieu of the IRS Data Retrieval in order to be awarded your financial aid based on estimated tax information. This item holds the disbursement of financial aid if it is listed on your task list on My ASU.
You can view your document status on your My ASU Finances page. Please allow 2-3 business days to show receipt in your My ASU Financing Tasks.
Your aid disbursement will be on hold until Financial Aid and Scholarship Services has verified the tax information for the person(s) listed on the tax extension(s) submitted.
- Please select the appropriate aid year's form below and follow the instructions provided on the form.
- Submit the form Financial Aid and Scholarship Services.
Before Your Aid Can Disburse
You must perform one or both of the following:
- If you (the student) submitted your tax extension to Financial Aid and Scholarship Services, you must Retrieve Student IRS Data.
- If you submitted your parent's tax extension to Financial Aid and Scholarship Services, you must Retrieve Parent IRS Data.
- Do not submit any copies of tax returns. Only a FAFSA correction or tax return transcripts will be accepted as documentation.
- ASU cannot accept documentation via e-mail. Please submit documentation in-person, by mail or by fax.
- Print your name and ASU ID on the upper right hand corner of all documents submitted.
Financial Aid and Scholarship Services must complete verification of tax information before August 25. Students who do not submit tax information before this deadline risk losing estimated awards.