2016-2017 Parent Marital Status Verification
After reviewing your financial aid file we have determined that we need additional clarification of your parent's current marital status. Financial Aid and Scholarship Services will request this form only if it is needed to complete your financial aid file. This item holds the awarding and disbursement of financial aid if it is listed on your task list on My ASU.
You may need to submit a copy of your parent's IRS Tax Return Transcript. When requesting a Tax Return Transcript from the IRS you may choose from the following methods:
- Order online at http://www.irs.gov/Individuals/Get-Transcript by clicking on the "get transcript by mail" button. Transcripts arrive in 5 to 10 calendar days at the address the IRS has on file.
- Call 1-800-908-9946 and use the IRS automated phone system to request one to be mailed to you. Transcripts arrive in 5 to 10 calendar days at the address the IRS has on file.
- Use the IRS2Go smartphone app to request one to be mailed to you. Transcripts arrive in 5 to 10 calendar days at the address the IRS has on file. For Apple iPhone, iPad, or iPad Touch, download the free IRS2Go app by visiting the iTunes app store. For Android devices, you can visit Google Play to download the free IRS2Go app.
- Mail or fax Form 4506T-EZ Short Form Request for Individual Tax Return Transcript to the IRS. You can print the form at www.irs.gov and the address and fax number are listed on the form. Request can take up to 30 days.
You can view your document status on your My ASU Finances page. Please allow 2-3 business days to show receipt in your My ASU Financing Tasks.
- Please select the appropriate aid year's form below and follow the instructions provided on the form.
- Submit the form to Financial Aid and Scholarship Services.
Having Issues Downloading A Form?
If you are having issues viewing one of the forms above, please follow these instructions:
- Right-click on link and choose "Save link as...", or similar depending on your browser.
- Choose the location to save the form.
- Navigate to the location of the saved form on your computer and double-click it to open.