2020–2021 Drug Conviction Resolution
Financial Aid and Scholarship Services will request this documentation only if it is needed to complete your financial aid file. If this item is listed under your Financing Tasks in My ASU, your financial aid disbursement will be placed on hold.
You can view your document status on My ASU’s Finances tab. Please allow 2 to 3 business days for receipt to show in your Financing Tasks.
Purpose: You are required to complete this task because:
- You left the drug conviction question 23 on your FAFSA blank.
2. You reported that you have been convicted of any offense under federal or state law involving the possession or sale of a controlled substance while you were receiving federal student aid (such as grants, loans or work-study) on your FAFSA.
- If you left the question blank or answered the question in error, please make a correction to your FAFSA at fafsa.gov. Allow 3 to 5 business days for ASU to receive your FAFSA correction, then check your Financing Tasks on My ASU for updates.
- If you answered question 23 on your FAFSA correctly, print and complete the Student Aid Eligibility worksheet below.
- Submit the completed worksheet by clicking the upload link below.
- If you need help with the Student Aid Eligibility worksheet, or have questions, call 1-800-433-3243. Based on the results of the worksheet, additional action may be required such as:
- Waiting until your period of ineligibility ends (i.e., One or Two years from the date of conviction).
- Successfully completing an approved drug rehabilitation program or by passing two unannounced drug tests administered by an approved drug rehabilitation program.
If you regain eligibility during the award year, please notify ASU Financial Aid and Scholarship Services.
Financial Aid and Scholarship Services must comply with section 484 of the Higher Education Act of 1965, as amended.
Additional information can be found on the Federal Student Aid website.
Complete and submit online.
Having trouble downloading a form?
If you are having issues opening one of the forms above, please follow these instructions:
- Right-click on the form link and choose "Save link as...", or similar depending on your browser.
- Choose a location on your computer to save the form.
- Navigate to the location of the saved form on your computer and double-click it to open.
- To view and complete a parent form, make sure the parent is logged into My ASU as a guest.