2016-2017 Citizenship Verification
Financial Aid and Scholarship Services will request this documentation only if it is needed to complete your financial aid file. This item holds the awarding and disbursement of financial aid if it is listed on your task list on My ASU.
You can view your document status on your My ASU Finances page. Please allow 2-3 business days to show receipt in your My ASU Financing Tasks.
- Print the form below and follow the instructions provided
- Submit form to Financial Aid and Scholarship Services.
- U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) has confirmed that citizenship documentation may be photocopied as long as it is done for lawful purposes. These documents must be submitted with an affadavit certifying that it is a true, exact, and complete copy of the original documents.
- Note that Social Security cards and driver's licenses are not acceptable forms of documentation of citizenship or national status.
- If you are an eligible non-citizen with a valid resident alien card or other acceptable eligible non-citizen statuses, as listed on the Eligible Non-citizen Verification form, you must correct your FAFSA by changing question #14 "Are you a U.S. citizen" to: "No, but I am an eligible non-citizen" and provide your Alien Registration Number on FAFSA question #15.
Having Issues Downloading A Form?
If you are having issues viewing one of the forms above, please follow these instructions:
- Right-click on link and choose "Save link as...", or similar depending on your browser.
- Choose the location to save the form.
- Navigate to the location of the saved form on your computer and double-click it to open.