Skip to content Skip to navigation

What if something happens and I can't teach or I can't find a job in a low-income area?

If you do not fulfill your agreement to serve, the grant(s) you received will be converted to a Federal Direct Unsubsidized Stafford Loan and you will have to repay it/them with interest. Once converted to a loan, they cannot be converted back to a grant. However, you should consult the U.S. Department of Education’s resource listing of Title I Schools. It is very large.