Skip to content Skip to navigation

I want my parents or spouse (or grandparents, financial sponsor, etc.) to have access to my educational records. Is that possible?

Yes. You may grant your parent, family member or sponsor My ASU Parent Guest Access, which is a tool that allows students to share FERPA-protected information with parents and guests. The authorization remains in effect until you withdraw it.

Note: It is helpful to remember that while FERPA may allow for the release of information, it doesn't require it in most situations. This means that there may be situations where a university representative decides not to share educational records, even if you have authorized the disclosure. For example, some academic departments and/or individual faculty members may as a general practice not provide certain or all educational records to a third party, even if there is a current access form on file.


Novel coronavirus information

Fall 2021 update | FAQ page | Novel coronavirus updates