Three scenarios may occur:
- If you are enrolled in summer classes and have worked under the Federal Work-Study program for the preceding fall or spring semesters, you will automatically receive a summer Federal Work-Study estimate award. Once we receive a summer continuation of your job assignment or new hire form from your employer, we will change it to an actual summer Federal Work-Study award.
- If you are enrolled in summer classes, and you did not work under the Federal Work-Study program during the preceding fall or spring semesters, you can request for Federal Work-Study eligibility. Once we receive information about your summer job assignment from your employer, we will post an actual summer Federal Work-Study award.
- If you are not enrolled in the summer semester, but you wish to work under for a summer Federal Work-Study job, you must have the following:
- A completed FAFSA for the current and upcoming academic years on file with ASU.
- Be eligible for need-based financial aid for both academic years.
- The Federal Work-Study earnings during this time of non-enrollment will be considered as a resource for the next enrollment period, which will have an effect on your financial aid eligibility for the next academic year.