The ASU College Attainment Grant Program is our commitment to low-income families – making college affordable and accessible, the program will provide tuition and fees for up to four years to qualifying Arizona high school graduates.
About the ASU College Attainment Grant Program
Resident tuition and fees will be covered by a combination of gift aid such as scholarships and grants from federal, state, private and institutional sources.To be eligible for the ASU College Attainment Grant Program, you must submit the following:
- A complete undergraduate admissions application by July 1, 2015
- A complete FAFSA submitted by July 1, 2015
- Submit any additional financial aid documents by August 1, 2015
You must also be:
- A new, entering freshman for fall 2015, enrolling immediately after Arizona high school graduation
- An Arizona resident for tuition purposes
- A member of a family whose adjusted gross income does not exceed $42,400
- Eligible to receive a Federal Pell Grant
- Enrolled as a full-time student at Arizona State University
The ASU College Attainment Grant Program will provide tuition and fees to qualifying students for up to eight, full-time, consecutive fall and spring semesters as long as students continue to meet eligibility criteria and maintain at least a 2.5 cumulative grade point average. The ASU College Attainment Grant Program covers tuition and fees during the fall and spring semesters only. Summer sessions are not covered.
Special class fees, study abroad program fees will not be covered as part of the program.
Resident Tuition and Fees - All Gift Aid = ASU College Attainment Grant FundingASU will award recipients a combination of gift aid from the following sources of aid. These awards do not require repayment.
- Pell Grants—this federal gift assistance program supports students who have exceptional need
- Institutional Grants—ASU gift assistance available to undergraduate students who demonstrate financial need. These grants include University Grants
- FSEOG and LEAP Grants—gift assistance available to undergraduate students who demonstrate financial need
- Scholarships— gift assistance awarded by ASU and private donors that recognizes exceptional achievement
- Outside Resources—funding received from outside sources that assists students in paying for their educational expenses
Fall 2015 Eligibility
- Open to Arizona residents, admitted to ASU for fall 2015 who are degree-seeking, full-time freshmen (pursuing first undergraduate degree). This includes Native American high school seniors who are not residing in Arizona who meet the Arizona residency criteria for tuition purposes at ASU.
- You must enroll at ASU at the beginning of the fall 2015 semester immediately after Arizona high school graduation. If you do not enroll at ASU in fall 2015, you will forfeit eligibility for any future participation in this program.
- You must demonstrate a total annual family income of $42,400 or less on the FAFSA.
- You must be eligible to receive the Federal Pell Grant.
- ASU Online degree programs are not eligible. If you change your major to an ASU Online major, you will be removed from the ASU College Attainment Grant Program and adjustments will be made to your awards.
July 1, 2015 - Students must submit their FAFSA and have a complete ASU admissions application on file (application, test scores, transcripts and application fee).
August 1, 2015 - Students must submit all requested documents for financial aid verification.
The ASU College Attainment Grant program will close when available funds have been exhausted. Those who submit the FAFSA after May 1 will be awarded based on the availability of funds, however meeting criteria and deadline dates does not guarantee placement in the program.
*There are no exceptions to these dates. The FAFSA must be free of errors and the admissions application with all necessary materials must be complete to be eligible for consideration. Be sure to apply early in order to resolve any errors or issues before the deadline dates.
For more participation details, see the ASU College Attainment Grant Fact Sheet below.